Monday, July 6, 2009

yes, its true.

It occured to me while I was thinking of how to blog this that there have been several instances in the course of our (Allan and myself) relationship when we have chosen to take the "internet" route. First was of course when we got together 3 and half years ago. Back then, people have been speculating about us and what we really were (and did I tell any of you guys to mind your own business by the way? :p ) that we figured, we might as well let them know.

And so we did.


And then there was the well-documented proposal. I didn't really have a hand in this one, because if I did, I would have worn something nicer and I probably would have been more self conscious. This was all Allan, and I'm glad he thought of it because now we have a really good story to tell.

Our most recent news was done less dramatically I guess, and I'm making it up for it by blogging about it now. So in case anyone missed it, as of June 26, 2009, Allan and I are officially and legally, Mr and Mrs.

It was all formalized and legalized at the Mayor's office in Calumpit, witnessed by Allan's parents and sisters, my Aunt and Uncle as Witnesses along with my brother, sister, cousin and one of my best friends. We didn't know it was actually going to happen until 5 days before the day, although we had set things in motion almost 2 days since I was back in Manila. We had two weeks to pull it off and all throughout, I wasn't really sure if we could.


With my dad just recently passing, I feel that I have to explain why we suddenly decided to get married before the planned day in 2010. For one thing, I was home and my time home is limited. I even think it may become increasingly less frequent and more insufficient to do things that will need to get done. If I could get one thing out of the way, oh say, get married for example, then thats one thing off my checklist.

The main thing really though, would be that recent events have made it clear to me and my family that no matter how careful you may be, no one really knows what might happen. It doesn't matter that you know that life is fleeting, you wont really KNOW until it looks you straight in the eye. And that has made it painfully aware to everyone in my family (myself included) that I am here on my own, living most of my days by myself.

Sure, I can be careful and sure, I have friends who help me out. But it still isn't the same as having someone by your side, someone who will go through his daily life in parallel and together with mine. I will be honest, I moved here because I was ready to start a new phase in my life. What I had come to realize in the past few months is that the new phase I was preparing for, can and should involve Allan.

And so we did it. And I can't wait 'til that new phase officially begins.

P.S.
We're still having our Church wedding in 2010 as planned

1 comment:

  1. congratulations socs and allan!! i'm happy for you both. :)

    ReplyDelete