Monday, July 6, 2009

Inscriptions

When I told my friends I was proposing to Socs there where the usual questions...

... "How did you know you wanted to get married?"
... "How much was the ring?"
... "Where did you get it (ring)?"
... "How are you going to propose?"

etc..

Then Jonas asked "Will you engrave anything on the engagement ring? How about the date of your proposal?". Sounded like a good idea at that time, but I had no idea what to put in or even the exact date I was going to propose.

Jokingly I said "The one ring to rule them all..."

It was a nice joke. Kinda half meant. And now that I think about it, perhaps I can get that engraved in my wedding ring.

Although I'm not getting it engraved in my "actual" wedding ring (Matus Jewellry has this "Diamond Inside" concept that we are adopting... another entry for that), I could get that inscribed in my "mock" ring. It's basically a silver replica of our "actual" wedding ring usually carried by the ring bearer and worn for "safety reasons".

I was reasearching on how it would look like and I came upon a website that listed a few "cool" inscriptions as well, here are some of my favorites:

"OMG WTF"

"42" (from the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Universe)

"Put it back on"

"DITTO" (from the movie Ghost)

GPS coordinates of special remote location

1 comment: