Wednesday, March 31, 2010

second wind.

For a time I didn't know how to proceed.  I knew what Allan and I wanted, but I didn't quite know how we could get things moving in that direction.  We had all these ideas, but somehow it difficult to make things concrete.  There were major things that needed to be acted upon and something had to be done.

So, act on them, we did!

First of the things we did was change the reception venue.  Yes, we've said goodbye to the lovely and cosy Filipinas Heritage Library.  It was one of the toughest decision we had to make.  We were back and forth on it, until we just said, yes, we're changing.  Our main reason really is that the weather is very difficult to predict, and having an outdoor venue may mean stress for everyone involved if we were to second guess how things will be on the day of the wedding.  We had the option of putting up tents, but that ruins the feel of the Courtyard for us.  We could move to the Reading room, but that would be too small for our guests.

So we booked Top Shelf at Fully Booked High Street. Yup, Fully Booked.  I've tried to google and search the usual sites for wedding held there and have found none.  That could be an advantage or a disadvantage, depending on how you look at it.  I'd like to think of it as something fun and something different.

Then we had to change our Wedding Coordinator.  I am all for Polly, our original coordinator, but she has asked her former coordinator, mentor and future business partner to take over.  We completely understand and we have no issues with it.  Especially since I've spoken to Amy Gotianse (of Forever and a Day) and we're just as happy with her being our coordinator.   One of the first things she wants to do is check out our venue and then we'll take it from there.

My most recent talk with a supplier was with our invites, Katrina Valenzuela from Village Projekt.   I don't recall how I found her Multiply site but when Polly said I wouldn't go wrong with Trina, I didn't hesitate.  She has actually sent me two designs for our invites already but I've informed her of the change in venue, and given her a better idea of what we were imagining the wedding to be so she's taken that and will work on something else, just to give us options.

My main hurdle in the past was trying to put everything together and not fully communicating them to my suppliers I think.  And then I realized, whats the point in finding established and creative suppliers if I don't feed off of their ideas and their expertise?  So thats what I did, I spoke to them and told them what we were thinking.  In the end, I'm a lot more energized and positive about where the wedding planning is going.

No comments:

Post a Comment